Listed in the Best Lawyers in America, Don Davis is the managing partner at Byrd Davis Alden & Henrichson, LLP. Mr. Davis focuses his practice in the areas of product liability, aviation law, medical malpractice and personal injury. He is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Mr. Davis has tried cases in both state and federal courts in Texas, Oklahoma, Washington, Oregon, California, Mississippi, Illinois and Louisiana. His cases include plaintiff’s personal injury claims against most of the major automobile manufacturers in the United States and Europe and corporations such as the American Tobacco Co., Cessna Aircraft Co., Yamaha, Travelers Insurance Co., Ensearch Corp. He has successfully litigated against The United States of America and in 2006 recovered $6.75 Million (after attorney’s fees and expenses) for a class of utility customers who were charged for fees they were exempted from paying.
A Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers since 1995, Mr. Davis is admitted to practice and has argued cases before the United States Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Third, Fifth, Ninth, Tenth and Eleventh Circuits and has tried cases before the Federal District Courts in the Southern, Northern and Western District of Texas.
Don Davis is listed in Martindale-Hubbell’s Bar Register of Pre-Eminent Lawyers comprised of select firms and attorneys who have earned the AV Peer Review Rating. An AV rating shows that a lawyer has reached the height of professional excellence, has usually practiced law for many years and is recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity. Contact him today for a free consultation.
Mr. Davis is a faculty member of the Page Keaton Civil Litigation Conference, an annual conference for attorneys sponsored by the University of Texas School of Law and is a frequent speaker and author of numerous articles for the continuing legal education of fellow attorneys on matters relating to wrongful death, products liability, medical malpractice, jury selection and settlement negotiations to name a few.
Among his professional memberships, Mr. Davis is a Sustaining Member of the Federal Bar Association, a Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation and a Fellow of the American Bar Association. He is also a member of the State Bar of Texas, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the American Bar Association and the Austin Bar Association.He has served two terms as the Texas State Chair of the American College of Trial Lawyers. He is also a Fellow of the ACTL.
An avid sculptor and golfer, Mr. Davis has created numerous original sculptures for the PGA Tour, the PGA of America and the LPGA Tour.
Articles of Interest:
- Admissibility of Expert Testimony Under Rule 702, Tex.R.Evid. A Review of the Law and Methodology Required after Daubert, Robinson, etc.
- Voir Dire. Important Legal Principles, Boundaries of Inquiry, Challenging for Cause, Preserving Error.
- Evidence of Post-Accident Failures, Modifications and Design Changes in Products Liability Litigation.
- Negotiating Settlements: Before, During and After Trial.
- Warning Defects in Products Liability Litigation.
- Use of Experts in Products Liability Cases.
- Practical Considerations: Expert Witnesses
- Direct Examination of the Reluctant Doctor
- Evaluation Wrongful Death Cases
- The Resolvable Crisis Caused by Excessive Medical Malpractice Insurance Premiums
- Medical Negligence of the United States
- Rebutting Medical Malpractice Defenses
- Cross-Examination of the Defense Expert