Awards and Organizations
- Board of Governors, Rhode Island Association for Justice
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Founder, Rhode Island Bar Association Social Security Disability Committee
- Suffolk University School of Law, J.D. 1991
- University of Rhode Island, B.A. 1986
- 1991 U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island
- 1991 Rhode Island Bar
- Sustaining Member, National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Super Lawyers Rating
A lifelong resident of Rhode Island, Joseph P. Marasco co-founded Marasco & Nesselbush in 1999 with his law partner Donna Nesselbush. Over the years, the firm has grown from a modest beginning with two attorneys and one legal assistant to a firm with an array of accomplished attorneys and dedicated support staff.
Marasco has successfully litigated, arbitrated and mediated personal injury and medical negligence cases in all of Rhode Island’s state and federal trial courts and has litigated hundreds of Social Security disability cases at all levels of review, including U.S. District Court.
He is recognized for his trial advocacy, favorable verdicts on behalf of his clients, and awards in excess of a million dollars. He is a sustaining member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives and a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Hard work, honesty, intelligence and integrity describe Marasco’s work ethic. He maintains an unwavering commitment to quality legal work, attention to detail and superior results.