Awards and Organizations
- 1970 Hawaii State Bar
- 1970 U.S. District Court, District of Hawaii
- 1970 U.S. Federal Courts
- University of Michigan Law Center, J.D. 1966
- Dartmouth College, B.A. 1963
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- Best Lawyers in America
- Past President, Consumer Lawyers of America
- American Association for Justice
- Member, American Association for Justice, Traumatic Brain Injuries Litigation Group
- Member, American Association for Justice, Motor Vehicle Collision, Highway and Premises Liability Section
- Member, American Association for Justice, Insurance Law Section
James T. Leavitt is willing to take his cases all the way to the Supreme Court in Hawaii and has had a hand in shaping some of Hawaii’s product liability laws through his work before the state’s highest court.
With over 50 years of experience under his belt, James T. Leavitt has recorded many large verdicts and settlements for his clients.
He earned his law degree from the University of Michigan Law School in 1966, and traveled to Hawaii as a U.S. Marine Corps Judge Advocate General (JAG) assigned to the 14th Naval District in Pearl Harbor in 1968.
After his discharge from military service, he joined the Hawaii Public Defenders Office as a civilian where he worked for a year before teaming up with four other lawyers to form a law firm devoted to personal-injury plaintiff’s work, before launching a solo practice that has grown into Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner.
For more than 30 years, Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner has been focused on helping injured plaintiffs in cases involving motor vehicles, falls, defective products and negligence.
James Leavitt and his law firm have a strong reputation for professionalism that arises out of their commitment to quality representation for their clients. He remains devoted to the individuals he represents and focuses on alleviating their stress and anxiety while working to maximize the compensation his clients deserve.